Lenovo is set to launch the Z2 Plus in India on September 22. The smartphone is expected to take on the likes of the Xiaomi Mi 5 and OnePlus 3 among others.
Lenovo is gearing up for a launch event in India on September 22, where it will be launching the Z2 Plus smartphone. The company has sent out media invites for an event with a caption that is quite self-explanatory — “Witness tomorrow…today. #Fastforward to the Lenovo Z2 Plus.” The upcoming smartphone is believed to the ZUK Z2 that launched in China earlier this year, but Lenovo is dropping the ZUK moniker for the Indian market all together.
In the run up to the launch event next week, Lenovo has teased various aspects of the Z2 Plus on social media. These include a body made out of materials that is ‘stronger and lighter than metal’. The company has also used an internal heat conduction technology that prevents the device from overheating. The home button is expected to come with U-Touch technology that will be used for navigation and also double up as a fingerprint scanner. The last feature being teased is a health app called U-health that should save and give you access to your health-related information.
Lenovo Z2 Plus specifications
- 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD LTPS 2.5D curved glass display
- 2.15GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 820 processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- 4GB RAM with 64GB internal storage
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/ 2.2, 5P lens, ISOCELL sensor, PDAF, CAF dual-mode focus, EIS
- 8MP front-facing camera with 1.4μm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, 78.9-degree wide viewing angle
- Dual (nano) SIM
- Fingerprint scanner
- Dimensions: 141.65×68.88×8.45mm; Weight: 149g
- 4G LTE with VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4/5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, USB 2.0 Type-C
- 3500mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0